While I usually serve these during my annual holiday party, they’re great any time of year. They cook up quickly and require only a few ingredients, particularly corn syrup — something I seem to always have around the house.
Spicy and Sweet Pecans
By April 20, 2013Published:
- Yield: 1 1/2 cups
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 25 mins
This quick appetizer is great for parties any time of the year. Warning: they disappear quickly!
- vegetable oil or cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne or to taste
- 1 1/2 cup pecans halved
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly coat a baking sheet with oil or cooking spray.
- Mix the syrup, brown sugar, salt, pepper, cayenne together in a sticky sauce.
- Add the pecans, and mix thoroughly. You will have a sticky glob of pecans.
- Transfer the mix to your baking sheet, spreading the nut mixture out as much as possible.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then, carefully, separate the pecans, spreading them out so they cook evenly. The sugars will be hot, so exercise caution. Cook for an additional five to ten minutes — you want your pecans golden brown but not burnt.
- Spread a piece of foil on your countertop. When the pecans are done, transfer them to the foil, and, using two forks, break them apart. Let cool and serve.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress