If you’d asked seven-year old me how I often I’d eat broccoli as an adult, I’d have probably put the number at about “never”. Poor, deluded seven-year old me. It turns out I eat broccoli (and its relatives) all the time.
I love this salad. It has roasted broccoli (fact: all vegetables are better roasted), beans, cheese, and a lemony dressing. It’s basically a summer salad that happens to be filling, delicious, and vegetarian if you omit the anchovies (plus, ahem, gluten free!).
Broccoli and White Beans with Goat Cheese and Lemon Dressing
By May 30, 2016Published:
- Yield: 2 - 4 Servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 2 hrs 0 min
- Ready In: 2 hrs 20 mins
This gluten-free salad is perfect as a Meatless Monday meal or as a side dish for a party.
- 1 cup dried white beans cannelli or navy
- 1 teaspoon salt plus more for roasting the broccoli
- 1/2 cup olive oil divided
- 1 bunch broccoli chopped small, with some stem for texture
- fresh ground pepper
- 4 anchovy filets chopped finely
- 1/4 preserved lemon rind chopped finely
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons goat cheese or other cheese, to taste
- Drain beans and place in a large heavy pot. Add enough water to cover the beans. Add 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat, and simmer the beans until tender about 2 hours. Drain the beans and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Toss broccoli with 1/4 cup oil, salt, and pepper on a rimmed baking sheet. Set an oven rack to the top 1/3 of your oven, and roast the broccoli, tossing occasionally, until tender and charred, about 20 minutes. Watch the oven at the fifteen minute mark, and turn the pan to get even browning. Set aside.
- Whisk the anchovies, preserved lemon, lemon juice, and remaining olive oil together. Taste and adjust flavors, adding salt and pepper as desired. Toss the broccoli and beans with the lemon mixture. Top with goat cheese and serve
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress