One thing I’ve learned from my regular delivery of organic fruits and veggies is that sweet potatoes are pretty much a year-round food in Southern California. After trying my friend Roxanne’s incredible sweet potato salad at a dinner she hosted, I begged for her recipe when it became apparent I had a glut of sweet potatoes.
She sent two of her favorites, and I found myself blending them together (of course!). Needless to say, this is the type of salad that invites creativity. I’ve included some suggestions at the end of the recipe and invite you to use your own imagination for variations.
Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
By April 28, 2013Published:
- Yield: 6 - 8 Servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 mins
In addition to being a favorite food, I love sweet potatoes because they are so versatile. This salad brings all sorts of flavors together.
- 2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper for the potatoes and dressing
- 2 tablespoons grainy Dijon mustard smooth or grainy, depending on your preference
- 4 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 green onions thinly sliced, white and green parts
- 1/4 cup golden raisins optional
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet, drizzle with the olive oil, and add a bit of salt and pepper. Toss until the sweet potatoes are coated. Spread in a single layer with space between the potatoes so they roast on all sides.
- Roast the potatoes, turning once or twice, for 30 minutes. I do this on the top rack of the oven, rotating the pan once in addition to turning the potatoes. They should be tender on the inside, and brown with a bit of crispness on the outside.
- Make the dressing. Whisk the mustard and olive oil into a large serving bowl. Slowly add the oil, creating a smooth emulsion. Add the onions and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the sweet potatoes to the bowl and toss to coat with dressing. Top with raisins if using.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress