I love my avocados any which way. When they’re just ripe, nothing is better than sliced or diced avocado with just a smidge of salt. When they’re starting to soften, they’re perfect for guacamole because they still have a bit of body. And when they’re overly soft?
This amazing sauce. It takes just minutes, and is a great way to utilize avocados that aren’t quite firm enough for any other use. You can adjust the seasonings to suit your personal taste.
I’ve love this sauce with fish tacos, in a cole slaw, and with crab cakes. It also makes a fun salad dressing.
Spicy Avocado Sauce
By May 18, 2014Published:
- Yield: 1 cup
- Prep: 5 mins
This is sauce is incredibly versatile, gluten free, and perfect for over-ripe avocados. The pale green color is beautiful.
- 1 ripe avocado pitted and peeled
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar or to taste
- 1 jalapeno peppers stemmed, seeded, and minced
- Mash the avocado in a medium bowl until fairly smooth.
- Add the other ingredients, and whisk carefully until well mixed. Taste, and adjust the seasonings.