Pesto is one of those perfect foods I wish I’d discovered earlier in life. It’s great on pasta, of course, but also kicks basic steamed rice up a notch. And, I love to serve it with salmon. Of course, I could probably eat pesto by the spoonful…
The ingredients for pesto are simple: basil, olive oil, parmesan cheese, garlic, and pine nuts. And you go from there. There is artichoke pesto, herb pesto, red pesto. Humans find ways to mess with this recipe every day — and I love them for it!
By April 24, 2013Published:
Pesto adds flavor to pasta, rice, potatoes, and meat dishes. And it's so easy to make!
- 3 cups basil leaves packed, thick stems removed
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 - 3/4 cups parmesan grated
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts toasted (see Notes)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all the ingredients except the salt and pepper in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
- Taste, and add salt and pepper as needed.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress