This quick sauce is great for serving over chicken or pork chops. Or salmon. Whatever. It takes just a few minutes to prepare, so you can throw it together while the meat is cooking.
Mustard Caper Sauce
By April 25, 2013Published:
- Prep: 15 mins
A quick sauce for weeknight dinners.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons capers drained
- 1 tablespoon grainy Dijon mustard
- Melt the butter in a saucepan or small skillet. Add the onion and saute until soft and translucent.
- Add the chicken broth and heavy cream. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a medium simmer. Cook until the liquid is reduced and thickened slightly.
- Add the capers and mustard, stirring thoroughly. Allow sauce to continue to cook down until it’s your desired consistency.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
2 thoughts on “Mustard Caper Sauce”