This is a great, easy recipe for weeknight meals. Soy sauce and fish sauce marinate the chicken. A bit of brown sugar added to the final stir fry adds a touch of sweetness and helps caramelize the chicken while it’s cooking. Bright green broccoli is the final touch in this fast meal.
Chicken with Broccoli Stir Fry
By September 21, 2015Published:
Fast, delicious, and gluten free! What more can you ask of a stir fry?
- 3 teaspoons gluten-free soy sauce divided
- 2 teaspon fish sauce divided
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil divided
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts sliced thinly against the grain
- 1 bunch broccoli cut into small, bite-sized pieces
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Combine 2 teaspoons soy sauce, 1 teaspoon fish sauce, cornstarch, and 1/2 tablespoon canola oil in a medium bowl. Whisk until smooth. Add the sliced chicken, mix well, and set aside for about ten minutes.
- Using your favorite method, steam the broccoli for about 3 - 5 minutes. Immediately blanch in a bowl of ice water, drain, and pat dry.
- While the broccoli is steaming, mix the remaining soy sauce, fish sauce, rice wine, and brown sugar together. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet or wok over high heat, adding the canola or sesame oil after about a minute. Make sure the entire bottom of the skillet is coated with oil. Add the chicken slices and cook for thirty seconds to one minute. Flip the chicken and sear on the other side.
- Add the soy/brown sugar mixture to the skillet and saute with the chicken for a minute. Add the broccoli to the skillet and combine with the chicken and sauce. Stir fry until the broccoli is heated through.