This recipe came about after some trial and error. A friend had a similar dish at a local restaurant, and raved about it. When we tried to recreate it, something was missing. We’re still trying.
In the meantime, I decided to try roasting cauliflower florets and drizzling them with a bit of Frank’s Red Hot sauce. One of the problems with the dish my friend and I made was that the cauliflower got soggy when doused in the stuff. I decided a good drizzle was all that was needed.
And so we have it — one of my favorite (and most likely to surprise guests!) side dishes. It’s easy, it’s gluten free, and the flavors of cauliflower and hot sauce mingle perfectly.
Buffalo-Style Roasted Cauliflower
By November 2, 2015Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 40 mins
Drizzling hot sauce over roasted cauliflower makes a favorite vegetable even more delicious! You will become addicted.
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets of roughly equal size
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce or other favorite hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- blue cheese crumbles optional
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Toss the cauliflower florets with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread evenly on a baking sheet, making sure there is plenty of space between each floret.
- Roast the cauliflower on the top rack in your oven for thirty minutes, stirring the cauliflower about halfway through to ensure browning on all sides.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, heat the hot sauce and butter until the butter is melted and thoroughly incorporated into the sauce. Adjust the flavors to suit your taste.
- Arranged the roasted cauliflower on a plater and drizzle with with the hot sauce (remember, a little goes a long way, flavor-wise). Sprinkle the blue cheese, if using, over the top of dish.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress