For a quick side dish during the week, nothing beats a sweet potato hash. This whole recipe comes together quickly, and can be modified to suit your meal — play with seasonings to match your main dish.
Sweet Potato Hash
By June 2, 2013Published:
- Yield: 4 - 6 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 25 mins
This quick recipe is healthy and delicious.
- 4 - 5 medium sweet potatoes you'll want about 2 cups shredded potatoes; peel the sweet potatoes
- 1 - 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 cups baby spinach washed, dried, and chopped (if you'd like)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- dash chipotle powder or cayenne optional and to taste
- Using the grating disk of your food processor or your hand grater, grate the sweet potatoes. You should have about two cups — no worries if it’s more or less.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet to shimmering. Add the onions and cook until soft and translucent — about four minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes. Mix into the onions. Cook, stirring every few minutes, until the potatoes are cooked through, 8 − 10 minutes. Start checking at the six minute mark to ensure you don’t overcook your potatoes.
- Add the spinach and cook until wilted — a minute or so.
- Season to taste. Serve.