When I’m hungry for chickpeas (and I’m always hungry for chickpeas), I simply heat some olive oil in a skillet, toss the dry, cooked chickpeas into the pan, and let them roast away over medium-high heat, stirring to get roasted brown spots all over. I don’t want them crispy — that’s an entirely different recipe! — but I do want them browned in spots and full of roasted flavor.
While the chickpeas are doing their thing on the stove, I whip together a lemony vinaigrette and chop parsley. When the chickpeas are done, I toss them in the vinaigrette, add the parsley, adjust the seasonings, and serve.
This ridiculously easy recipe will impress your family and friends. They’ll never know how simple it really is!
Pan-Roasted Chickpea Salad
By October 25, 2015Published:
- Yield: 1 cup (3 - 4 Servings)
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 15 mins
Easy, delicious, and gluten free!
- 1 cup garbanzo beans / chickpeas cooked and towel-dried
- 1/8 cup olive oil plus more for pan roasting
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or to taste
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped fine
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add a tablespoon of olive oil and heat until shimmering.
- Add the cooked, dry chickpeas to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until brown spots appear and the chickpeas are roasted through.
- While the chickpeas are cooking, mix the remaining olive oil with the lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Adjust the flavor to suit your taste.
- Toss the chickpeas and vinaigrette in a bowl. Add the parsley, and toss all ingredients together. Taste and adjust the flavor. Serve immediately.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress