I love nachos, but they don’t love me. If they did, then the platter wouldn’t be so overstuffed with deliciousness! It’s really hard to practice portion control when you’re facing all those chips.
To make my life easier, I love to make individual nachos. These handheld bites have everything that makes a nacho great: crispy corn tortilla chip, meat or beans or both, tangy salsa, cheese, sour cream, olives if you wish. They’re perfect for leftover meats like pulled pork. And, of course, they’re gluten free!
These nachos are also great for parties where you don’t want to serve a big messy platter of food. Figure three chips (or one corn tortilla) per guest, and load them up with your favorite toppings!
Gluten-Free Individual Nachos
By August 4, 2014Published:
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
These handheld nachos are great for dinner or as appetizers. They come together in less than half an hour!
- 3 - 6 corn tortillas cut into thirds (you'll want one tortilla per person; two if you're feeding a hungry crowd)
- olive oil or spray for the tortillas
- blend of salt, pepper, paprika, chile powder for the tortillas
- 1 - 2 cups leftover meat such as pulled pork
- 1 cup salsa green or red; divided
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cut the tortillas into thirds. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Brush lightly with olive oil or spray with oil. Dust with seasoning mix
- Bake the chips for 10 - 15 minutes. Check after ten, and keep going until they've reached the desired crispness. Remember: you'll be placing these under the broiler for a few minutes after you build the nachos!
- While the chips are baking, mix a quarter to a half cup of salsa with the meat. Cook over medium-high heat until the meat is heated through. See notes.
- Turn on your broiler. Build your nachos: place a bit of pork on each chip. Top with cheese -- as much as you like.
- Place the nachos under the broiler until the cheese had melted. Watch to make sure the chips don't burn!
- Top the nachos with more salsa, some sour cream, and olives if you're using. Enjoy!
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress